According to the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), as much as 50% of residential outdoor water usage is wasted due to inefficient watering methods and systems. Using a weather-based smart controller saves 20%-30% of water usage compared to a traditional timer; nearly 8,800 gallons of water can be saved annually per average home site. It is estimated that if every home in the U.S. converts from a traditional timer system to a smart controller system, as much as $435 million and/or 120 billion gallons of water can be saved/year from not over-watering lawns and gardens. Smart controllers also save the time and effort required to continuously monitor and integrate current weather data into watering schedule adjustments.
Articles in this section
- What is a smart sprinkler controller?
- What can smart sprinkler controllers do?
- How much water can a smart controller save?
- Does having a sprinkler system really save me time?
- Will an automatic sprinkler system water as well as I do when I water by hand?
- If a property owner gets an average of 30+ inches of rainfall per year does s/he need automatic sprinkler system?
- Can I install Yardian myself or do I need a landscape/irrigation professional?
- What is Yardian?
- What's in the box?
- What's the LED status of Yardian?