Yardian Controller in Google Home allows you to use the Google Home App to run Google Home Device Traits, specifically Sprinkler Traits with your Yardian. You can also run Google Home Device Traits with Google Assistant. The roles of Googe Home and Google Assistant are outlined in this diagram:
To run Google Home Sprinkler Traits, you can use the controls in Google Home App. There's only one "run button/stop button" currently available in Google Home App.
- "run button": once you click the "run button", the pre-defined Yardian Instant Control from the Yardian App will be executed.
- "stop button": if you click the "stop button", the currently running task on a certain zone will be skipped. And if there are multiple zones defined in the Yardian Instant Control, the next watering task for the next zone will continue.
You can also use Google Assistant and say commands for the Google Home Sprinkler Traits, like:
"OK Google, start watering". (This is like using the "run button" in Google Home App)
"OK Google, stop watering". (This is like using the "stop button" in Google Home App)
If you need to run a specific zone, you can say:
"OK Google, start watering in front yard". (You need to say "stop watering" for this watering task to stop because "duration" is currently not supported in Google Home Sprinkler Traits. Otherwise, this watering task will be ended in one hour)
For more information regarding Yardian's Google Assistant integration, check out this FAQ:
Yardian and Google Assistant.
Follow The Steps Below
1. Open the Google Home App.
2. Set up a new device to your home
3. Select Works with Google link button
4. Link Yardian Controller
5. Login with your Yardian account.
6. Specify the Profile to be controlled.
7. Choose your profile paired with Yardian
8. Select a home
9. Select a room
10. You will see your Yardian Controller shows up
11. Tap the Yardian Controller. You can use the "run/stop button" to trigger instant control based on tasks arranged in Yardian App.
12. You can also use Google Assistant to control Yardian with voice commands. Ex: start watering in "front yard" (which is your zone name)
13. Using voice command to Stop watering
Voice Commands for Google Home Sprinkler Traits:
|Start Watering in Target Zone|
|Stop Current Watering Task|
|Start Watering with Instant Control Settings|
Article is closed for comments.